Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Miss Sleep


Lousy school is making it impossible for me to have a normal schedule. I sleep at odd hours and stay awake through the night. Without feeling like the day was productive, I cannot sleep. Productivity doesn't mean completing chores or doing the remedial tasks necessary for modern living, oh no. It means I must arse around, doing enough of the things I want to before the day is over. Read the news, eat something I crave, videogames, internet surfing (big one), and shit like that. I know there are many like me. A group of night owls wanting to feel accomplished.
Maybe they haven't proceeded with all the responsibilities of adulthood, but the day certainly felt like it was lived rather then being a process.
It's not easy to live like this, and it cannot be switched off, which comes in handy during exams.
My best work has come out of immense pressure, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Except for one thing.....I miss sleeping.

No comments: