Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time'sa changin'


Its an odd day. School has officially begun and the gears are turning. The cyclical nature of life this semester begins and will soon be routine....then it'll be tiring. These days its all so routine that I can't find much to do that's refreshing. Same types of classes, same type of people, same small talk, same types of friends, same useless activity, same phone calls, same duration and same topics. Food has usually been my only salvation. Even so, I don't get the time to make anything new or try much that I haven't already.
This is where my blog has come in. Just something to do that is a little different. Share my abstract thoughts, though in the form of poorly constructed sentences. Post the things that make the time go by a little easier. Maybe one day I'll have some pride in this thing. If I could raise one eyebrow, just once, through all of the awful syntax and grammar, I'll be satisfied.
The irony is I've waited my whole life to feel like I'm part of something significant, something monumental. I knew it was unlikely. Maybe I was waiting for change. It seems like anything interesting had happened in the past, long before my time began. The love generation and the rebellious war protesting type have transformed into modern day Starbucks drinking, bush hating/voting, tweed and khaki wearing yuppies. All that is fine but the times feel empty.
Then it hit me. I realized the other day that things aren't so different. There's still plenty of corruption within society and the of the world. Assassinations aren't so old school after all and war is present, whether it be against terrorism or drugs or lack of pay for writing an episode of lost and not getting the online royalty benefits.
Science and technology are reshaping the way we live and think. Cloning, Genetic modification etc... Maybe soon the changes will fill the void I've had for so long. Until then, I'll just get my jollies out of the little things in life.

No comments: